Sunday, October 9, 2011

Magic Bullet Mishap

Sunday afternoon: First day home after three long workdays and before that, a road trip to buy a car.  I was tired and should have just gone for a nap. But I've been thinking of making hummus for the first time, so I gave it a try but my foggy brain forgot to secure the clear plastic ring around the blender cup...



The maching was straining. I was surprised this was such a hard job. After adding a spoon full of water, I noticed black flecks in the hummus. Humm indeed.  I gave it another go, but still slow progress. A closer inspection revealed my mistake. The plastic ring was wrapped around the blades. Part of the base under the blades had melted!


Here's the undamaged attachment for comparison




The chewed-up circle under the blades turned into a detached ring which I snipped off with scissors!
Thankfully, everything still works. After snapping at my daughter and after a nap, I enjoyed the second batch of hummus with banana peppers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment